Power Minister Iqbal Hasan Mahmud has ordered uninterrupted power supply during Ramadan to ensure that citizens can observe the month’s rituals without disruption.
Speaking at his Secretariat office on Wednesday, the newly sworn-in minister issued the directive just a day after the BNP formed the government with an absolute majority.
“The sector we are in and the timing of our arrival are critical, as Ramadan starts tomorrow [Thursday]. Since everything depends on power, I am counting on you to ensure there are no disruptions,” said the minister.
The spirit should be to manage power supply with minimum outages, which may occur only due to technical issues, he said.
Outlining his own work at the ministry, he said he is there to carry on the works that were planned.
“We want to leave Bangladesh at the hands of an administration that will protect Bangladesh. As my prime minister said, ‘Bangladesh first’,” he said.
He demanded full cooperation of his colleagues.
He was previously elected from the Sirajganj-2 constituency in 1986 and 1988 as a Jatiya Party candidate.

