Two persons were electrocuted in separate incidents in Gopalganj district recently.
In one incident, a school student was electrocuted while hanging an Argentina flag at Puratan Muksudpur Village of Muksudpur Upazila of the district. The victim was identified as Jaber Sheikh Ridoy, son of Ariful Sheikh of the village. He was a student of class ten of Faruq Khan High School.
In another incident, a man was electrocuted at Silna Village in Sadar Upazila of the district. The victim was identified as Druba Biswas, 35, son of Shailen Biswas of the village. Locals said he came in contact with a live electric wire while trying to adjust electricity connection of a television at his village home.